mercredi 2 juillet 2008

Couleurs et Patouillages

I've watched tons of illustrated journals since a couple of months and been wanting to do that, so bad. But I didn't dare and didn't have time and didn't know what to journal about...
I'm fed up with this "no daring" thing, now.
So I put my last reads on the couch and drew them. Then I took my watercolors and made messes and had a lot of fun!
The result surprised me. I think it's pretty strange... I kind of like it, anyway.
When I was a kid, I always took care to use all the colors in my pen or paint box because I didn't want any color to be unused and feel sad.
Obviously I haven't changed that much..



I've made a lot of mistakes but it was fun and interesting. I need to slow down and work on getting the proportions right, observe the shadows better, and the coloring, well, I believe in practice...
This one here is my small collection of enameled stones I find on the beach. It's quite rare and I really like them. I had to cut the drawing because I really made a mess on the rest of the page...
And I still don't have a scanner. Should receive one by the end of the week. Adios, crappy photos!

11 commentaires:

Spinneretta a dit…

LOL These are great... I often think the less finished pictures manage to capture the mood just as well :)

I used to do the same thing with my pencils... in fact I still do it a lot :D Wouldn't want one to feel left out after all!

Christie a dit…

What fun, colorful pages! I hope to see many more.

M Bodhisattva Hill a dit…

Very lovely. Just remember there are no mistakes only lessons to be learned!

I hope to see a lot more of your artwork, friend. It is awesome so far.

I have linked your blog on my bloglist.

Anita Davies a dit…

Great pages!!!
How sweet of you to be so considerate of your pencils' feelings.

Anetka a dit…

your sketches look like you've had a lot of fun - this is what sketching journals are all about!! there are no mistakes, with time your skill improve and when you'll go back to your early pages you'll be glad that you've done them!:)

have fun and enjoy!!

thank you for sharing your work and thoughts:)

kazumiwannabe a dit…

Thank you very much for your kind words and encouragements! I'm touched. This will help motivate me even more!
Anita, my daughter is like me, she just recently stopped talking to her friend, the Toothbrush. Used to tell it every new thing that happened to her...

BARBARA WEEKS a dit…

Colorwonderful pages! I enjoyed your comments about using all the colors as a child. I used to talk to my crayons!

Laura Frankstone a dit…

Your enthusiasm and sense of fun are so evident in these pages! Wonderful stuff!

Don McNulty a dit…

Really enjoyed your blog, love the colours.
Don

Kathleen a dit…

Talk about color you are FEARLESS !!! I love the personality and vibrance and spirit in your work - I am trying to be more like YOU - thanks for sharing

Clare a dit…

Hi Kazu, Your style is wonderful. As everyone has said to you, "you can't make any mistakes when sketching". It is all about the process and the fun you have. I love your Blog and will link it to mine! Thank you for your visit to my Blog and your comment.