dimanche 13 juillet 2008

Petshop, teapots, Mimi, et un apéro

I'm really enjoying summer this year. It's cooler than usual and I'm in a particularly good mood. Must be this drawing thing, I think! It's funny but I'm really seeing everything in a new way and it's great. Like traveling without leaving home. Not expensive at all, that's good too.

I played a little with my daughter's toys and shoes... That was fun! The shoes are fake crocs but the little pets are the real thing! Maybe I'll draw all her collection, all dressed up with their accessories. Très chics!




This one I think I won't color, because I wouldn't know where to begin... I drew my dad's wife, Mimi, someone I love too. She moves even more than my daughter, wether she's cooking or teaching litterature to the neighbor's kid.
In the middle is a bird statue on one of the windows above the couch. I didn't do honor to it, it's normally a beautiful object...
Then I drew the reliefs of the aperitif I had with friends today. I didn't find a right word to translate... We drink and eat before the actual meal...


These are my last two teapots and a tea bowl from Pylones called Titi. My white teapot is really a lot more plump than the one I drew. Not happy with this drawing at all...

And for Kathleen, if you come and read this : Kazumi is the oldest daughter in the manga "Ranma 1/2". She's wise, calm, and feminine, always polite and nice, and cooking, and smiling in front of everything, (even when the house is on fire or everyone is fighting and falling through the roof and windows). I'm not exactly like that but I want to be her when I grow up!

9 commentaires:

Ann a dit…

I love your drawings! Those toys and 'crocs' could easily belong to my daughter. I like your teapots too. Very nice.

Stephanie a dit…

Hi there! Love your sketches, I'm very partial to your teapots! so pretty and delicate.

A word for food and drink that you have BEFORE a meal in American English could be Appetizer. Cheers!

Kathleen a dit…

I enjoy your blog and art works. Your use of color and line is FEARLESS!!

I gave you an award on my blog. Don't feel you have to participate unless you want to :)

Margaret McCarthy Hunt a dit…

MOre fun stuff...two of my fav things...teapots and crocs...great stuff

Margaret Ann a dit…

What beautiful color and exhuberant joy in these sketches...love them! :)

Deborah a dit…

Great pages! Very fresh and interesting.

Andres a dit…

Great tea lay out: pots, tetley box,, bags.
I like how you fill the page with detail and color. You even got the cracks on the handle of the white one. And are those super glue drips I notice on it too? :o)

Marva Plummer-Bruno a dit…

Oh I love your teapots! I like your comment about not being messy, being creative. :) I'll have to tell that to my husband. Marva

Timaree a dit…

Your pictures are great. They are full of things to look at and colorful too. You'll like them better when you look back at them a week or two after you finish them. Remember you are not taking a photo, you are capturing the essence of something.