mardi 8 juillet 2008

c'était pas le pied

Sunday I spent a large part of my day doing house cleaning in my parents summer house, where I was seriously bitten by some sort of mutant acarids. It was not very fun. Those little monsters are nasty, I was bitten last year and itched for 8 days (and nights).
I had to see some friends in the next little town, and my daughter left my phone there, so after the housecleaning, we drove back instead of going home.
Finally we were home and I was glad because my vacation time had finally begun for good!
To celebrate that, I broke my finger against a chaise lounge on my balcony.


In french, I'd say : c'était pas le pied (litterally : "it was not the foot"), meaning : it wasn't great at all/ it sucked! (contrary is : c'est le pied - it's the foot / it's great / it rocks)
Anyway it's all right now, I have a lot of free time and I'm really enjoying this drawing and blogging thing a lot! If I didn't itch so much it would be absolutely the foot!

13 commentaires:

Stephanie a dit…

I amd sorry for the itchies you had to endure. Sounds like your holiday has really started with a low note. Now on to the better stuff! Loved your sketch of your foot. I need to do that edm challenge too! Cheers!

Unknown a dit…

Wow I hate that you have had the itchies day and night for over a week! It was a great thing for you to offer and clean your parent's summer home. I know that really blessed them. Wow the foot or finger? Hmmm well, all just memories. I love all of the sketches, especially the foot :)

Quilt knit a dit…

Wow! What a day! Or Events of the Day! Take some Benadryl, you do have access to this medicine?
Sounds as if you are allergic, you really need some medicine. Do you have a chew of Tobacco or cigarette? If you do, chew some tobacco and spit out and put it on the bites. It will pull out the poison.
I am on vacation too! Cleaned all the blankets.
Last dryer on now. Only bugs, is one the Turkish
double knotted rug. Wool! I am allergic. No walking on that rug!
Great journal entry.

Have a wonderful time and get some medicine.
((Circle of Hugs)))
Sherrie Roberts

Unknown a dit…

So sorry about your foot:-(! On a side note...I love coming to your blog! It's refreshing!

Kathleen a dit…

love the toes & the bite looks tres mal - I enjoyed your new view of the harbour - my world changed when my eyes became they eyes of an artist - it is vastly more beautiful and awesome -

Margaret McCarthy Hunt a dit…

OUCH i hurt for you..actually have some NEW mosquito bites myself tonite...and then a finger ...you are NOT having a great day...get better...bytw friend told me about a thing called an sting stick...it gets rid of the itch instantly...i am getting one tomorrow...

andrea joseph's sketchblog a dit…

nice work

kazumiwannabe a dit…

Thanks a lot, you cheered me up! And thanks for the medicine tips too! Someone gave me a spray that's usually used to treat scabies (hey, I don't have scabies!) and it seems to work quite well. Ice is good too, sometimes when it gets really bad, it takes the fire away for a while.

Sandy a dit…

Too funny, I certainly can see how annoying and painful your day was BUT you got a GREAT sketch out of it, and someday you will look back at this and smile! I Love your blog!

Marva Plummer-Bruno a dit…

I love this! Hope your toe feels better by the way. I love your layout and I'm trying to get into doing that, it's not as easy as you make it look. :) Marva

Cheryl a dit…

My goodness, what a rotten and quite humorous (for me) series of unfortunate events. Funny because of your last comment about the foot. Love to hear sayings in other languages - they are often comical when translated. So sorry you had such a bummer day, but glad to see you are taking it with a good sense of humor and getting the best out of it anyway with this wonderful sketch. Thanks for the welcome to EDM!

Timaree a dit…

I got bit by a tiny ant and had the reaction you are having. How can the tiniest ants be the worst? I don't know what the type of bug is you mentioned but you did a great job of describing, drawing and painting your story. Hope your finger heals quickly too. Hope the rest of your vacation goes much better!

Clare a dit…

Hmm what is an acarid? Great piece of 'story telling', super illustration too.