dimanche 6 juillet 2008

ma Pépète en watercouleur et edm 178 (red)

I was very touched by your encouragements in the last post so I've been going on trying things whenever I had some time.
I've tried to draw my daughter as she was watching TV but even then, she moved too much. So I picked up some photos and tried to draw them and I had to get the graphite pen and eraser after many strange results... She looks pretty much like that, in the end. The green and orange paint on her nose in the left image are not one of my usual messes, it was really there.



This is for the EDM challenge n°178, draw something red. I was in a party the other evening and there was this beautiful, red drumset with blue glittering lights all over the stage. The music was great and I kept thinking I wanted to draw the drumset. I didn't have my camera with me so I googled a photo.
I've read on the edm group that you can use waterproof pens.
That's good to know. Too bad I didn't think of it sooner... I was a bit digusted when I saw the black ink drooling on the page.

I also thought all this red and blue and American music came well for the fourth of July!

As for the paint, for the moment it makes me think of horse riding. When you're not a good rider, the horse does more or less what he wants and you try to keep on it and keep it from going too far and too fast. Using watercolors is very much like that for me! (except I'm not scared of them).

12 commentaires:

Kathleen a dit…

excellent posts Daughter & Drums are very well done you do not look at all off balance with watercolors

Laura Frankstone a dit…

What wonderful sketches of your daughter---she is adorable! I also like your drums sketch and think your comparison of watercolor painting with riding is perfect!

Marva Plummer-Bruno a dit…

These are wonderful! The drum painting is excellent and your sketches of your watercolors are awesome too! I'm terrible at drawing people, I agree, they move too much. :) Marva

Spinneretta a dit…

Lovely :) I think you did a great job... and sometimes you WANT the pens to 'bleed' a little :)
Yes, the kids DO move too much! I manage to get my 4 year old daughter to sit still (by asking her) but my 8 year old son just CANT!!

Margaret Ann a dit…

Beautiful sketches...love the grid look with your daughter's sketches...and the drums really ROCK...no pun intended! LOL:)

R K a dit…

This drumset sketch is really nice: the chrome, the red, all of it really works.

seesue a dit…

I agree that your watercolour is looking GREAT!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt a dit…

tres bien!

Anetka a dit…

again! Lovely sketches:)

Capt Elaine Magliacane a dit…

Your analogy of painting and riding a horse were spot on... exactly. I too found runny ink distressing... Micron Pigma pens don't do that, even if you wet them right away... Your sketches look very nice.
Take care of that spider bite, and watch that it doesn't get infected... I have a similar bite on my neck, driving me CRAZY not for 6 days... or cortezone creme helps the itching a bit, but you have to keep putting it on.

Timaree a dit…

I like your drum set. It's a great red sketch. I am afraid of watercolors!

Clare a dit…

So very good!!! You must keep showing these sketches off!!!