vendredi 18 juillet 2008

Champagne, anchois, et du linge sur un fil

(For challenges n° 69, a beverage, and 80, something that makes you happy.)

A beverage, and something that makes me happy... that would be champagne! At work my team has a tradition of drinking champagne very often since one a us was from Champagne and used to bring bottles almost every week. We group to buy loads of it directly from a little producteur in Champagne so it's not that expensive.
For me champagne means friends and good times. All kind of things happen in life, not always that good, but whatever happens it's good to know we can always have that!
As usual I didn't think and my page was to short for the bottle... solved that little problem easily!
I don't like the color of my bottle, it's too light, like a beer bottle! Not noble at all...


I drew the anchoïade I made to eat as appetizer. It's made with anchovies, garlic, a very tiny drop of vinegar, and olive oil. You eat it with dry bread and vegetable cut in sticks, like carrots, calliflower, anything you like. I also drew the coffee beans to eat after the anchoïade, for example if you want to still be able to kiss someone.

This is at my parents place. My daughter was playing with a little boy and all was peaceful. I love seeing laundry hang like that. I love to hang it, to fold it, everything about it. The only house chore I like, really! My drawing, I don't like it much, except the tree. It was better without the color. It looks better scanned than in reality, I think.


10 commentaires:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt a dit…

i really like these...especially the first one...and LOVE champagne...cant have TOO much of that...very interesting and well done journaling

MaryO a dit…

What a delightful custom...champagne every week! This is a wonderful page. I agree with you about clothes hanging on the line...I miss the smell of linens that have dried in the sunshine!

Deb a dit…

I like your hanging laundry...can almost smell that wonderful scent. Champagne drawings are great, too.

Spinneretta a dit…

These are both very good :)
I kind of like the way the bottle heads off the page :)

M Bodhisattva Hill a dit…

Nice drawings my friend! And you have to send me the recipe for the anchoiade! It sounds delicious...

Lynn a dit…

Love the drawing of the champagne and food. The composition and the colors are exquisite!

Margaret Ann a dit…

Loved both sketches but I adored the way you composed the champagne bottle in the first drawing...brilliant! Love your style...so jubillant and energetic! :)

Marva Plummer-Bruno a dit…

These are wonderful! I used to drink champagne for every birthday.... Love the clothesline piece too! Wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog. :) Marva

andrea joseph's sketchblog a dit…

Sooo gorgeous.

Barbara a dit…

I just love this one! - Barbara