vendredi 11 juillet 2008

Trois théières et un mug

No itches at all today... I'm free! It wasn't that terrible anyway, the medicine worked rather well.
Thanks a lot to everyone who cheered me up!
I have a hard time concentrating these days, must be the combination of vacation time and heat.
I've been trying to draw my teapots, and except for the Japanese one, which came out well, I think, nothing looks like I wanted it to look... I'm learning, I'm learning, but it can be frustrating at times...

Mixing the colors is so much fun I get side tracked... I wanted to paint the left side around the mug a very light orange, but I got this dark one and found it beautiful and forgot all about my first idea... Until it was done and I remembered why I wanted a light one... Bah, not very important!

This one below is a Moroccan teapot. The five little rectangles on the left are sugar blocks. The strange unidentified brown things in front of the green box are rolled leafs of green tea. That's called gunpowder tea and it's the one you use to make thé à la menthe, tea with mint. You put the tea directly down the teapot, with as many branches of mint as you can fit in it, and at least five to eight sugars blocks in a 1l teapot. That's not good for the diet at all. You pour boiling water and you serve very hot. It's delicious and good for the thirst!


10 commentaires:

andrea joseph's sketchblog a dit…

These are both lovely - teapots and drawings.

Spinneretta a dit…

These are lovely... they have an almost collage effect to them :) Great job!

Stephanie a dit…

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. All of your tea pots are lovely! I specially like how you did the 3rd one-- the one with the silver and embossing. the japanese one is really good to Love the shape and colors!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt a dit…

C'est tres belle ...je t'aime du the!

Marva Plummer-Bruno a dit…

These are wonderful! Marva

M Bodhisattva Hill a dit…

Wonderful wonderful. Tres bien!

lyn a dit…

Nice teapots, I made so many when I threw pots years ago. I have one left, I should draw it! Glad your recovered! Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Kathleen a dit…

Love the both pages but the top one is my favorite of the two your pages are so Happy & Colorfull

I have a question what is a Kazumi? I might wanna be one too.

Lynn a dit…

Very cute drawings! I especially like the mint leaves, they are perfect!

Clare a dit…

Wonderful teapots. Your blog and journal are so inspiring, thank you for sharing.