dimanche 25 juillet 2010

Bouquins, portraits, comme d'hab...

 The book on the left tells life as seen by a six year old little girl. It was rather sad.  I wanted to beat the mother during all the book. The ending was great, though : the little girl leanrs how to read, and her world changes!

 
On the right is a book by Rose Tremaine, called "Trespass" in English, "les silences" in french. It was excellent, great characters, great story, beautiful writing. The story takes place in the Cevennes, that's in the south of France, it's very rural, and rough, and not very touristic. I could feel the place, reading, it was so well written (and it's a place I know well).

And a few portraits, again... Third one is my daughter, quickly sketched as she was reading. She said, "it's okay, but do I really have that many freckles?" I said no, you have more, but I'm bad at drawing freckles...
 She wasn't all that pleased.

11 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I think it's fabulous how you combine your love of books with your love of drawing! It's very original and very well done. Your daughter is beautiful!

Dan Kent a dit…

I love the rich colors in the books, the reds and oranges and how you arranged them, complete with shadow in "Les Silences". You can't have too many freckles on a daughter, I've always said! (Well, I've never said that but I'm saying it now).

Alex a dit…

Yet another astonishing books drawing ^^ Every time you post it up online I'd be looking for them, and never disappoint at all!
Great job with the portraits too Kazumi, and your daughter is adorable =) I think freckles are fine, but trust me, I can't draw freckles either.

DALowe Artist a dit…

I hope it DOESN'T change! I love what you are doing! The books are amazing! The depth of the colors - they look so real and so interesting! and the portraits are fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Virginia a dit…

Please, the name and author of the book about the little girl? I am intrigued. And the drawings are charming. I also have a very freckled daughter. Beautiful.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman a dit…

These are all so lovely. Your daughter is beautiful--freckles only enhance beauty. :)

Aarti Harish a dit…

Hi..loved your sketches and portraits..I feel when we sketch our close ones' portrait..we are bound to get correct feedbacks...they point out the minute details...like in your case..the freckles...rather than we sketching some unknown..who seem to be perfect in our eyes...

I remember once I sketched my colleague's portrait..and when i posted on my blog...her hubby immediately pointed out the fine details which I had missed...!!

Good work...gr8 going..!!

Unknown a dit…

The colors in your books amaze me. As does the drawing of the girl on the cover, which you've had to do some foreshortening on. Really excellent! I think I asked this before, but is this a book of book drawings? What an excellent item to keep on your coffee table for people to look through. Excellent artwork and book reviews!

Your portraits look great. I have a painting of your daughter in one of my sketchbooks which I had copied from your blog quite some time ago. I thought it was such a great little painting! Tell your daughter, she is beautiful with those freckles!

Anonyme a dit…

More great sketches! (I was interested to hear your opinion of 'Trespass' as I see it is long-listed for the Mann-Booker prize.) Your pictures will be a lovely reminder of your reading.

Lesley Purcell a dit…

I love your book pages, they are beautifully done. As a lover of books and a professional librarian (Queen Geek ny husband calls me) I think this is a fabulous way to keep a reading diary!

Ann a dit…

More wonderful book drawings! I love reading your reviews too. And as one freckled face to another, please tell your daughter that not everyone can have freckles. She is especially lovely. Great drawing!