lundi 13 juillet 2009

4 bouquins et 26 chats

Even when I'm not in the mood to do much, I still like to draw books, it seems...
On the left, a thriller. Didn't like it much, it was violent and I didn't care much for the characters. Not bad, either, it was okay for an afternoon with the kids on the beach. On the right, an essay about neo-paganism, what it is, the various groups and tendancies. Interesting.


These were great! On the left, French fabulous author Tonino Benacquista, with a fun story about a Newark ex-maffia family hidden in a small french village, and raising hell there. And on the right, Finland fabulous author Aarto Paasilinna, with a fun story about Suedish midwives and Finnish lumberjacks stranded on a not so desert island.


And twenty six cats. Seventy four to go and I'll be able to draw a cat properly, I hope. (read somewhere that if you draw something a hundred times you can begin to really get it right - meaning, you understand it better.)

9 commentaires:

Alex a dit…

Wow! I am just so amazed by the amount of details you put into those cover pages of the books.. they are so beautiful!
And the cat's expression is cute and hilarious :) Great job!!!

Anonyme a dit…

les couvertures de livres sont tres belles, et en plus cela me donne de bons titres a chercher.
Les chats sont super, surtout en mosaique,
j'ai commencé un carnet de dessin il y a quelques mois, que des chats, cela me donne envie de le reprendre.

Anonyme a dit…

Love those cats! Can't wait to see the rest .....

Peachtreeart a dit…

Your drawing reminds me that I soooo want to go to the library and get some books!

Ann a dit…

Marvelous cat drawings! Your book drawings and reviews are terrific, as always :-)

quirkyartist a dit…

I've always thought cats are not easy. Mine have improved though. Very interesting books. I wonder if these authors are published in English. I will have to check it out.

Anonyme a dit…

I love the cat drawings, I think you are well on your way to 'knowing' them!

andrea joseph's sketchblog a dit…

Love the cat grid. I can believe that is true. I seem to draw the same things over and over again. I like that feeling when you finally feel that you really understnad your subject. I think I'd like to ive this cat grid a go.

You make very cute work.

lyn a dit…

Really cool cats! I've got 100 on my blog and I'm still working onmore!